Gaborone from the top of Kgale Hill

Monday, January 24, 2011

January 3, 2011

I am full of excitement and anticipation as I sit in the airport!I have found the remaining weeks prior to my departure to be the hardest. I left Pittsburgh at 6am this morning to arrive in JFK, New York. Here I have a layover for several hours, as my flight to South Africa is being delayed. I curiously eye the plethora of people around me, wondering if they too are going to Botswana.  I am expected to have a layover of around 6 hours whenI arrive in Johannesburg before my flight to Gaborone. I have been told by several that it is the most dangerous city in the world. Though I will only be in its airport, I wonder what to expect after hearing this. I have a 15 hour flight ahead of me, the longest I will have ever been on a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment